This is my 19th income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in September
I already covered a part of September in my last income report so I’ll just do a quick recap of that:
As you can see I’m posting this income report in the middle of September which is 2 weeks later than usual, and that’s because August was an incredibly busy month for me.
I moved all the way accross the country with my parents, and then moved back nearly to the same place two weeks later for college.
I had a surprising amount of time to work on my online businesses during that time as I had nothing else to do in between unpacking and moving out.
- Hired my first full-time VA.
- Bought PBN links for my BNT site.
- Found 50 low-medium competition buyer keywords for WHQ that add up to about 130,000 searches per month.- I should be able to rank a couple of them before the holiday season, and the rest will just get ranked later on.
- Bought $260 worth of keywords when I couldn’t do research myself.
- Started a new polyphasic sleep experiment.
- Moved to Lousiana with my parents.
- Moved back to Michigan for college and started my college career!
- Survived my first month of college!
I’m currently focusing on Amazon Affiliate, and while I didn’t technically accomplish all of my goals in August, my VA helped me accomplish all of them and more in September so that counts, right?
- Teach my VA my whole image editing, uploading, and posting process. SUCCEEDED!
- Publish at least 15 of the posts that are in my backlog. FAILED I reviewed my VA’s writing for more than 15 posts, but I only recently taught her how to deal with the images and links so she’s working on that now. Once that’s done I’ll have 10-20 articles ready to go right now!
- Get a couple of Web 2.0s and other weak links pointing to WHQ in order to slowly start building momentum. FAILED I’m currently looking to have a couple Web 2.0s built for me, but I didn’t get any links this month.
Plans For October
October is an important month both offline and online for me.
I have to prepare and maximize income for the holiday season, but I also have to get ready for my midterm exams in college.
This should be fun!
- Finalize and publish 30 half-done posts on WHQ.
- Write at least 10 posts myself by October 15th on WHQ.
- Teach my VA basic outreach and SEO strategies and start them after October 15th.
- Figure out which posts I can rank before Black Friday/Christmas, which posts I should wait on, and whether there are any holiday specific posts I should do.
This marks yet another month of no new posts and lower traffic.
I know that I can increase my traffic if I wrote a couple posts, but I want to spend this time creating monetizable articles for Amazon affiliate instead.
Amazon Affiliate Websites Traffic
This section is for those interested in my Amazon affiliate sites.
Most of my income is from Amazon, so I thought you might be interested in seeing how much traffic I get on my biggest sites and how much money they make.
BAB is my highest traffic site by far (I have acronyms for all of my sites because I don’t want to reveal the URL, but I need some way to keep track of them.)
I made $1529.19 from the site in August compared to $1522.99 in August.
Those 2 numbers are weirdly close together! I don’t mind it as I thought September would be much worse, but it’s a bit weird.
I’m starting to get some EDU links, and my average income for the past 9 months is hovering around $1,000 per month, so selling this site for $25,000 is reasonable.
I was surprised to see that the September traffic was higher than in August, but it looks like it peaks end of August-mid September and then starts steadily going down.
Here are the numbers that everyone loves to see!
- Amazon Affiliate- $1529.19 Surprisingly high for September. Awesome!
- Content Samurai– $429.12 The monthly income is still decreasing and will probably keep doing so, but I’m fine with that.
- MindSumo- $246.24 Something new that I’m doing. Solved 3 problems for companies in 3 hours and ended up with an $80 per hour salary!
- Total- $2,204.55 Broke $2k once again! I would’ve have gotten here if I didn’t do MindSumo, but it would’ve been a pretty solid month either way.
- Aweber- $19 Monthly subscription.
- Domains- $12 The Ultimate Sapien domain.
- SerpLab- $5 Keyword tracking.
- Other- $274.4 Bought a couple high-value keywords.
- VA- $500 $3 per hour full-time plus bonuses.
- Total- $810.4 Not too bad considering that I’m moving closer and closer to my ultimate goal of paying for college using this income.
Total Profit: $1394.15
Not my highest month for profit, but I’m very happy with the revenue numbers.
I’m still giddily waiting for the holiday season!