This is my 21st income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in November
November was the first month when I actually published a couple posts on this site.
I also prepared hard for Black Friday (I sort of succeeded, but sort of failed), and kept on grinding Amazon affiliate wise.
- Published on OnlineMoneyz:
- A review of a new money-making program that will allow you to profit simply from your ideas.
- A guide for dealing with Amazon affiliate decreasing commissions for some affiliates, and why you probably shouldn’t worry about it.
- A warning about a Google error that was patched within a couple days of my posting.
- Published 25+ deal posts on this site and had my VA publish about 10 deal posts on WHQ. I started this way too late, otherwise I would’ve tried to get to 100+ articles posted. My OM articles worked well as the domain is much stronger than WHQ, so I know exactly what I need to do for next year to make $$$$$ on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
- Started cutting expenses in order to invest money into more content and save for next year. I need money for next year, and since this source of income isn’t guaranteed, I should be saving some of it.
- Brainstormed different ways of monetizing this site as now it’s pretty much a labor of love.
- Participated in my first real Thanksgiving.
- Spent hours on homework and classes.
- Fed squirrels on campus.
Most of these goals are Amazon affiliate focused as I decided to focus on one thing instead of stretching myself too thin.
- Look over, edit, and publish the 21 drafts I currently have on WHQ. Failed. I haven’t done anything and now I have 25 drafts I need to look at…
- Keep finding keywords and helping my VA pump out affiliate/product-oriented content. Succeeded. Published a bunch of Black Friday posts and high quality review posts.
- Possibly create a Pinterest/Facebook account for WHQ and teach my VA what to post and how to post on them. Failed. Still in the works. Will definitely go ahead with the Pinterest account, but I’m not sure about Facebook.
- Write at least 5 posts each oriented at Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts and promote them online. Succeeded. Got about 40 posts up. Promoted them on reddit and Facebook, but most of the search traffic came from extreme long tails in SERPs that I ranked for in less than a day.
Plans For December
I need to spend some time relaxing in December.
The first 2/3 of the month will be hard as I have a ton of exams and homework, but then I will finally get winter break. 🙂
Obviously I’m going to work on my websites during break, but I also need to recharge, get some rest, and prepare for the upcoming semester as it’ll be even harder than this one was.
- Look over, edit, and publish the 25 drafts I currently have on WHQ.
- Create a Pinterest account for WHQ and teach my VA how to create content for it and what/how/when to post it.
- Publish at least 2 posts on OnlineMoneyz.
I published 3 new posts last month, but that really didn’t affect the traffic much.
However, I still got 3x as many sessions as last month because of Black Friday deal posts.
Amazon Affiliate Websites Traffic
This section is for those interested in my Amazon affiliate sites.
Most of my income is from Amazon, so I thought you might be interested in seeing how much traffic I get on my biggest sites and how much money they make.
BAB is my highest traffic site by far (I have acronyms for all of my sites because I don’t want to reveal the URL, but I need some way to keep track of them.)
I only made $513.177 from the site this month, compared to $725.23 in October.
It ain’t much, but ever little bit helps.
Here are the numbers that everyone loves to see!
- Amazon Affiliate- $1457.4 Good month, but would’ve been
- Content Samurai– $588.48 Don’t you love it when you don’t do anything and make 600 bucks? Love it.
- Total- $2045.88 I’ve been alternating between sub 2k and over 2k months for a while. Fingers crossed for a new 2k+ streak?
- Aweber- $49 Monthly subscription.
- SerpLab- $5 Keyword tracking.
- SEO- $175 P Last month of $150 per month PBN links, and $25 to keep my other PBN links alive. I’m getting rid of my $150 subscription as I want to shift towards better white-hat strategies and not risk losing my site in a G update.
- Hosting- 127.64 Namecheap hosting renewal and there was also an amazing deal on A Small Orange hosting so I bought it also.
- Other- $127.49 Reddit upvotes and accounts for Black Friday promotions.
- OnlineJobs.ph– $89 I forgot to cancel my subscription so I ended up paying for another 3 months. Whoops.
- VA- $521 $3 per hour full-time plus bonuses.
- Total- $1094.12 NBig expenses, but I’m starting to see some results from the work of my VA. I also cut some costs, so next month will hopefully be less than $1k.
Total Profit: $951.76
My profit is nearly at $1,000! I could buy $1000 gumballs out of a vending machine, or a website on Flippa that makes $50 per month, or 2 plane tickets to France if there’s a great deal.
So many options! 😉