This is my 23rd income report for this blog.
Every month I publish a post like this showing:
- how much money I made
- what I worked on
- and what my plans are for the future.
These reports will help me keep myself accountable, and hopefully I can help you figure out how you can make money online.
What I Did in January
Most of January was quite unproductive as I burnt myself out last semester and needed to take a breather.
However, I got back into it near the end of the month and actually got some stuff done that I had on my to-do list for a while.
- Taught my VA the basics of keyword research and SEO. Eventually I hope to get her to a point where she can do keyword research for me and possibly oversee other writers under her.
- Updated the Content Samurai review post.
- Spend a lot of time playing video games, watching Netflix, and resting.
- Continued doing college stuff.
- Had my first float tank experience- It was awesome! It’s like meditation, but better.
I planned on being productive in January, and while I didn’t do everything I wanted to, I also accomplished other things I didn’t even think about so it all evens out in the end. 😉
- Publish two posts on OnlineMoneyz: FAILED– No posts as always. What else did you expect? 🙁
- “A year in review” post covering how much money I made and spent during the year, how I could’ve made more money, how I grew, and all other interesting stuff like that. 😉
- Post 1 of my secret project that I won’t be telling you about until it’s up. 😉
- Start teaching my VA Pinterest magic to drive traffic to WHQ. FAILED– I didn’t teach her Pinterest, and instead started teaching her keyword research.
- Create 4 quick and easy silos on WHQ myself. I could assign this to my VA, but I can do it quicker and I need her to expand to working on other stuff. FAILED– I only created one silo as I underestimated the amount of time it would take me to make a “top x” post as it seems I’m out of practice.
Plans For February
Most of February is going to be very packed as I have multiple exams in college and I’m ready to be productive in regards to my online businesses. (I’m also writing this post in February, and I’ve been productive so far, so I’m kind of cheating by “predicting” the future.)
I also realized that most of my goals that I list in these reports are great, but I almost never accomplish them because I never see them after publishing the reports. This month I emailed the goals to myself and set a daily reminder to pop-up with these goals so I know what to focus on.
- Publish two posts on OnlineMoneyz:
- “A year in review” post covering how much money I made and spent during the year, how I could’ve made more money and how much my income grew.
- Post 1 of my secret project that I won’t be telling you about until it’s up.
- Show my VA how to use Upwork and possibly hire a couple writers for my new project.
- Edit and publish 3 drafts on WHQ.
Once again no new posts and a random increase of traffic. Eh.
Amazon Affiliate Websites Traffic
This section is for those interested in my Amazon affiliate sites.
Most of my income is from Amazon, so I thought you might be interested in seeing how much traffic I get on my biggest sites and how much money they make.
BAB is my highest traffic site by far (I have acronyms for all of my sites because I don’t want to reveal the URL, but I need some way to keep track of them.)
I made $1,203.68 from the site this month, compared to $709.07 in December.
This is my first time breaking $1k with this site, and I think it’ll get even higher in April and May!
It’s interesting to see that my sessions and my income both increased by about 50%.
WHQ is a site that I removed from this section previously, but I’m bringing it back now as it’s on the upswing.
It made $294.67 in January compared to $334.64 in December.
Not bad for both months. I specifically like the uptick in traffic!
Nearly 40% increase and this is without doing any SEO.
Here are the numbers that everyone loves to see!
- Amazon Affiliate- $1916.15 Almost broke $2,000 purely from Amazon which is awesome!
- Content Samurai– $588 No work done, nearly $600 earned.
- Total- $2504.15 Third month in a row of $2k+ earnings. Let’s keep this up!
- SerpLab- $5 Keyword tracking.
- Aweber- $19 Emails.
- SEO- $50 $25 for PBN links for my only PBN-based site, and $25 for something I don’t remember.
- Domains/Hosting- $144 Had to pay for hosting renewals and domains. :/
- KW Research- $54 Bought two keywords and regretted it ever since. The keywords are great, don’t get me wrong, but I can teach my VA to find keywords like these in a jiffy and then resell them at $50+ per keyword. 🙂
- VA- $570 $3 per hour full-time.
- Total- $842 Expenses aren’t too bad.
Total Profit: $1662.15
This is my highest profit month so far, so I was able to save up some money for the future and for building new sites later.