This is month 5 of my challenge. Here are my other posts:
- Best Track Spikes– This is the site found in this post. I’m showing everything I can with this site.
- BAB– I created this site back in May and it’s been fairly successful up to this point. The products are fairly low value, but it’s my biggest site right now and it increases my Amazon percentages a lot.
- MPC– I also created this site back in May and it’s also been fairly successful. The products are even cheaper than on BAB, but I sell at least 30-40 per month.
- BFST– This is one of the 3 smaller sites that I created about a month ago. Fairly cheap/average products.
- BFSC– Another smaller site that I created a month ago. Fairly cheap products.
- BBC– And yet another smaller site that I created a month ago. The products on this site are the most expensive so I’ll focus on getting this site higher in the SERPs soon.
- BNT– I haven’t started working on this site yet. I bought a domain, but I haven’t done anything else.
- Tester Reviews– This is a community review site that anyone can submit their reviews to with their Amazon link in the review. You can check it out here if you’re interested!
- BRM– A small website I started in the middle of November in a very low competition niche. Focuses on $30-$100 products.
- BWT– I started this site on November 24th. It will be fairly large and will focus on products in the $30-$250 range.
- WHQ– A new site I started in December. Very large niche. I’ll be outsourcing at least half of the content in order to grow the site quickly.
Best Track Spikes
Some of these posts are quite long so you can CLICK HERE to jump to the TL;DR section.
I messed up when setting up the newsletter signup A/B test on BAB so I had to reset the data for 2 of them.
It should take at least 2 weeks to get any good data out of it as I want each variation to get at least 500 displays (if not 1,000. I’ll see how statistically significant the data is.)
I had 3 items sold on BRM, but it’s not ranking very high yet so I think one person clicked all the way to page 2 of Google and bought 3 items after visiting my site.
Created yet another A/B test for BAB.
This time I’m testing 4 different email collection pop-ups. 2 different colors with 2 different delay times.
I’ve read a lot about A/B testing before, but I just recently started implementing it so I’m not exactly sure what a “good” conversion rate for an email form is.
I’m only getting 1-2 subscribers per day at a conversion rate of around 2%, but I think it could definitely be better.
BAB gets around 5,000 uniques per month, so if I put email forms on all pages I should be able to get 100 subscribers a month, but that requires writing specific autoresponders for each page on my site as the content is very different.
I’d rather focus on the 3 high-traffic pages and optimize my forms here and then use them on the other pages on my site.
This site still has a lot of room for growth. I just need to add content to it.
I also asked Amazon Affiliate about links in YouTube videos, and since their program allows it and YouTube seems to allow it I’ll be adding affiliate links in the description of my Tester Review videos.
2 of the videos have 3,000 views total so I missed out on some valuable traffic there.
I had to take a break.
If you’ve been following along with me you’ll know that I work in cycles.
I’ll have a period where I’m constantly working followed by a period when I spend recharging and educating myself.
I try to make the most out of each period and not go against the flow of my body.
Last week was a period of pure rest.
Today I made a couple posts on BWT.
I feel like this is another one of the sites in an extremely low-competition niche that should be easy to make money with, but I could be wrong.
We’ll see in 2-3 months.
Didn’t post at all, but in the past 4 days I started a new website in a similar niche to one of my other profitable sites. (Let’s call this site WHQ)
I also made $220 in 15 days of December, so while I probably won’t get to $600 this month, I might be able to get to $400 or even $500.
As of right now it seems that I might not reach my goal, but the rankings of BFST are quickly rising and it should get into the top 3 within 2-3 weeks.
BNT’s rankings are also slowly going up, and WHQ should rank pretty quickly for some of the keywords as the niche is very low competition so we’ll see.
Maybe January will be the magical month for my Amazon earnings!
Today I updated the plugins on all of my sites and changed the post titles from “best of/review/item of 2015” to “best of/review/item of 2016” in order to start ranking for the 2016 keywords early.
For the past couple days I’ve been writing content for WHQ and working on a couple non-Amazon sites.
WHQ is up to 10,000 words right now, and I want to get to at least 25,000 before adding the site to Google Webmaster tools and Analytics.
I wrapped up my previous A/B tests on BAB.
The pop-ups didn’t seem to be very effective, and the shorter copy on a different page performed worse than the longer copy.
I continued 2 of the 4 tests because so far the results aren’t statistically significant, and I’ll check up on them in a month or so.
I have JetPack on all of my websites, but for some reason I wasn’t using the Manage plugin that lets you update the plugins on all of your sites at the same time through WordPress.com
It’s important to minimize the time spent on useless stuff, so now I’m saving around 15 minutes or so every week.
This might not seem like a lot, but as the number of my websites grows I need to find ways to simplify managing them or otherwise I’ll have to spend all of my time on that instead on things that can bring in more money.
I got ideas for an article for WHQ that could be big or that could bomb.
I’m going to finish writing it tomorrow and then insert a Clickbank offer in there too just to test out the waters and then start promoting it on other blogs and websites.
We’ll see what happens!
Added a 2,500 word post to WHQ.
I want to add another fairly long related post to make the site look more useful and then I’ll start promoting these 2 posts on Facebook and through commenting on related blogs.
I also created a Facebook page for the site and scheduled a couple link posts to get some social signals going.
I also ended up creating a Pinterest page, pinning a couple images with links to my site and commenting on a couple related pins with links to my website.
I submitted 4 variations of Facebook ads, but Facebook rejected it because “the image or video thumbnail focuses on an ideal body/physical image and it’s promoting a health product.”
I changed the images and hopefully they’ll be approved and I’ll be able to run my ads in a couple days.
Created an info-graphic for the big post on WHQ.
Shared the info-graphic on Facebook, Pinterest, and a couple of other sites that will get me some do-follow and no-follow links.
I’m considering creating an info-graphic for this site just so I can diversify my backlinks profile as it’s quite weak.
I bit the bullet and outsourced a 1,000 word article on Upwork for $5.
The author is a native-English speaker looking for 5 star ratings.
I won’t be able to keep the author forever, and the content quality might be terrible, but I have to start outsourcing the content somehow.
I don’t have the time to write content for my sites, but I can find easy to rank for keywords fairly easily so outsourcing content writing is the most logical step to growing my online income.
This article that I ordered is for WHQ, and if it’s high quality I might end up hiring the writer at a more reasonable rate after a few more trial articles.
$5-$10 for 1,000 words is still an amazing rate, and if I’m happy with it and the writer is happy with it then we’re good.
This means that I could set up a 20,000 word site for only $100-$200, or add 100,000 words to WHQ and turn it into a mini-authority site for only $500-$1,000!
That’s pretty darn good!
Here’s what happened in December:
- Made $420 from the sites.
- Created a new site.
- Completely forgot about BWT at the end of the month.
- Created a couple links to BNT.
- Completed A/B/ testing for BAB. (And got up to 62 total subscribers!)
- Connected all of my sites to my WordPress.com account. Updating plugins is much easier now!
- Outsources my first article on Upwork.
Things Realized/Thought About:
- Buying links can work short-term, but we’ll see if BFST stays up there in the long run.
- I’m doing 0 work on my failed BFSC and BBC sites. I put in work and they didn’t rank so now it’s time to let them be. I might try selling them on flippa just to see if I can sell my content and domain name for $100 or so.
- An authority site is probably a better way to go than smaller sites. I’d rather have multiple sites like BAB or bigger rather than having to manage 10, 20, or more smaller sites. (This is one of my reasons for creating WHQ)
- If I want to grow my sites I’ll have to outsource.
Thank you for reading!
Please comment below if you have any questions!